Oct 7, 2010

Teaser...



Part of a page from The Price. At this point I was really gunning through pages to get finished in time, but looking back at this I think this sequence turned out pretty good. 

Just a note, I have been updated the look of this blog over the last few days. There may be more changes to come. The post archive, links, and a bunch of other stuff has been moved to the very bottom of the page to give me more room to post art (at larger sizes.) This way you won't have to click to enlarge.

3 comments:

The Art of M said...

What do you use for coloring methods? I love the flat style colors... I've been just using layers, not channels sice there's not much to it. Doesn't seem to be a difference to me.

Vic Malhotra said...

I use photoshop CS3, but all my colours are done on one layer. I like to do that because I think it's all about the palette, rather than colouring tricks. I usually lay in a few layers of colours at various opacitys and settings after I've finished my main colour layer. They function kind of like washes to tint and bring out certain colours or the overall colour/feel I want. I'll usually add texture last almost to everything, but more so to walls or flat backgrounds. Texture via various brushes or paper textures.

The Art of M said...

sweet thats what I wanted to know :) thanks!

C!